Wedding Dress Photo

Monday, September 7, 2009

My First Design (5 years old)

This is when the house of Lee began. I was only 5 years old...

And this pink frock is the very first dress I ever designed. It has a bit of a Betsy flair, which is much more evident in some of my recent designs.  I know it's hard, but look closely at the front and you'll see the lovely gold hand-stitched darts and a faux placket down the middle...so fashionable!
And in the back...gotta love the waistband detail and the zipper...on the outside, haha!
Finally there's the shoulder straps, cut to a point then stitched in a circle, just to add a special touch.  I loved it way-back-when, danced around in it all the time, stills tickles me pink! Now here is where I've got to give some serious credit. For saving it, for inspiring me and passing on some of your creative talent,
THANK YOU MOM!